It’s that time of the year again; back-to-school time! Even though my kids don’t officially go back to school since we homeschool, I still want them to experience the fun of school related traditions…like celebrating the first day of school! So if you are wondering what fun things you can with your kids for the first day of school, look no further!
Here are some great first day of school ideas:
- Free back-to-school printable signs – Take the classic first day of school pictures using these cute free printable signs (from: Passion for Savings).
- Have you child fill out (or you fill it out with them) this fun All About Me free printable (from: Thirty Handmade Days).
- Trace your child’s hand on a piece of scrapbook paper and cut it out on the first day of school each year and place them on a ring together to see how much they grow from year to year (from: The Unlikely Homeschool and adapted from Crissy’s Crafts).
- Here is another fun (and free!) set of first day of school printables to fill in with your child (from: The Suburban Mom).
- Make or buy a large T-shirt with the “Class of…” and the year your child will be graduating written on the front. Each year, at the beginning of school, have your child wear the T-shirt and take a picture to see how much they grow from year to year (photo from: The Journey of Parenthood).
- Make a special breakfast or pack a special lunch or snack (Pinterest is full of ideas on this one!).
I hope that this list gives you some great ideas of fun ways to help celebrate your child’s first day back to school! What other back-to-school traditions do you have with your children?